Ngoc's Corner of Language Arts 10th
Saturday, October 4, 2008
What Message is Eagle Eye trying to get across.
When Eagle Eye first came out, me and my friends went to watch it on September 27 on Saturday. It was a good movie and I recommend watching it, but you have to pay very close attention to most of the "phone" scenes. After finish watching it, me and my friends were talking about I can't believe that it really happened and after a while, we got onto the topic of the theme Eagle Eye is trying to get to people. Eagle Eye is trying to tell us that our world is too dependent on technology and some of us are have put so much to the computer. For example, some people out in the world can talk to their computer and it can do whatever they like. Also they have some types of system where they also talk back to you. The message Eagle Eye tries to present to us is that we shouldn't be putting too much into our technology because if it develops so much that it can think for itself, it can lead to the point where the "self-thinking" computer can start causing trouble. I believe that this is an important message because we are trying to make the computers better and more efficient to use, but at the same time we are giving them the ability to think and rebel. By doing this, we will surely lead to our ultimate demise. To end, I recommend to everyone to watch Eagle Eye since I believe it is a pretty good movie that has a good message behind it. This message relates to an article that is trying to prove my point. The article tells us that we are always trying to make the computer smarter and being able to do more then normal. For example our wireless capabilities are increasing, making us more dependent on it then ever before. From the article, we see that Kate Lowry stating, "But I fear that taking the internet everywhere with me may have its drawbacks." She believes that we can't come to depend on technology so much since if it ever turns on us, we will have no way of handling it. Even with this said, we are still leaning towards technology too much.But if we depend on it too much, if it turns against us one day, what will we do? This is all the topics that are brought within the Eagle Eye movie. This is related to my Eagle Eye movie I watched.
Click here for the article =====> page 1
Click here for the article =====> page 1
posted by Ngoc/Jimmy at 9:54 AM
1 Comments:
I think this is an interesting article, you related a fictional movie to todays culture. I find it hard to believe that computers will ever be as intelligent as humans, or try and take over the word. However, I definitely agree that todays society is so technologically based, that for some people, if you took away their laptop and blackberry they wouldn't know what to do. I think that sometimes we need to take a step back and remember what is important in life and that wile technology is helpful, sometimes it isn't the best way.
Post a Comment
<< Home